The new Amazon Launchpad Store on Amazon.co.uk features items from British startups that are ideal for consumers looking for cutting-edge products for Christmas and beyond.
Amazon.co.uk today announced the introduction of Amazon Launchpad, a new programme that will bring innovative products from British startups to millions of Amazon customers across the UK. The new Amazon.co.uk Launchpad Store that opens today features a host of new inventions, ranging from Consumer Electronics and Connected Home products to Kitchen to Beauty, Health and Wellbeing items. UK startups in the new Amazon Launchpad Store include the Kano children’s computer kit, the Wileyfox 4G Smartphone and Smarter’s wifi-enabled iKettle, amongst others.
Amazon will invite startups to join Amazon Launchpad with the chosen companies given support to launch, market and distribute their products to Amazon customers. Startups in the Amazon Launchpad programme benefit from custom product pages on the new Amazon.co.uk Launchpad Store, marketing support and access to Amazon’s UK fulfilment network including Amazon Prime.
“British inventors are responsible for some of the most innovative consumer products in the world, from the lawnmower to the electrical vacuum cleaner to the collapsible baby buggy,” said Christopher North, Managing Director, Amazon.co.uk. “Now we are introducing a dedicated store on Amazon.co.uk where our customers can find a range of cutting-edge items from today’s generation of British inventors that we’re helping to cultivate.”
Amazon is working with 25 venture capital firms, crowdfunding services and accelerators to bring great products from startups to British consumers. Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Indiegogo, Crowdcube and Crowdfunder are a few of the organisations that have funded products currently available in the Amazon Launchpad Store in the US. The programme helps companies to successfully launch their innovations and overcome the challenges many businesses face when introducing new products. Amazon Launchpad offers startups an array of services that help accelerate their business including:
- Brand Development: Custom product pages help bring products to life through photos and videos. Founders can tell their story and connect with customers in a more personal way, with a Q&A about the startup.
- Customer Reach: Amazon’s most powerful marketing tools – including merchandised placements, personalised recommendations, and participation in the Amazon Vine customer reviews programme – give products added visibility.
- World-class Fulfilment: Startups also enjoy access to Amazon’s UK fulfilment network and fast, unlimited shipping with Amazon Prime, along with exceptional customer service.
“Crowdcube has helped over 300 great British businesses raise more than £115 million in growth finance from a growing crowd of savvy investors eager to back businesses they really believe in,” said Darren Westlake, Co-Founder and CEO of Crowdcube. “By partnering with Amazon to have the startups we’re helping be featured in the Launchpad programme, they will receive access to Amazon’s distribution network and millions of customers, giving budding entrepreneurs an incredible boost in their journey to transform an idea into a reality.”
Feedback from the startups participating in the Amazon.co.uk Launchpad programme includes:
- “Since we began selling on Amazon Launchpad in the US, we’ve enjoyed a fantastic level of support to help launch our computer and coding kit for children,” said Thomas Enraght-Moony, COO, Kano, a startup based in Whitechapel. “We’ve been able to introduce the Kano to millions of shoppers with a level of promotion and excitement that we didn’t think was possible. The buzz that it has generated has given us a real boost, and we can’t wait to start selling on Amazon Launchpad in the UK.”
- “Amazon’s Launchpad is exactly what it says it is – a platform for sales lift-off for start-ups with innovative, world-class products that need the greatest possible exposure.” – Chris Barnardo, Director, The Wand Factory
- "We are honoured to be a part of Amazon's Launchpad program. At littleBits, it is our passion to democratise hardware, making it accessible to everyone, and Amazon Launchpad shares that mission, helping us reach even more people with littleBits." - Ayah Bdeir, CEO and Founder of littleBits
If you are a UK startup and would like to raise investment through our crowdfunding platform, please register today.