We’re delighted to have seen revenue grow by 50% when compared to the same time last year, despite the political and economic uncertainty. The first quarter, which is usually affected by seasonality, was also our second-biggest quarter of all time for the number of businesses we funded, bucking a decline for the broader UK equity investment market.
Building on a great start to the year, we’ve got some stand-out businesses that will be launching on Crowdcube in the coming months. Leading digital wealth manager, Nutmeg, is the most prominent after recently raising £45m in an investment round led by Goldman Sachs.
Key metrics for Q1 2019 compared to Q1 2018
- £1.8 million revenue; an increase of 50%
- £42.3 million of pledged investment; an increase of 6%
- £29.3 million successfully invested; an increase of 16%
- 51 pitches funded; an increase of 4%
- 33,000 pledged investments; an increase of 8%
- 29,000 successful investments; an increase of 29%
- 40,000 member registrations; an increase of 31%
- 1.3 million web visits to Crowdcube; an increase of 6%
Download our full quarterly update and find out more, here.