We achieved our sixth record quarter in succession in Q2 as revenue topped £1.9 million for the first time, up 31% compared to 2018. The growth, despite concerns around Brexit and global economic uncertainty, means we continue to make progress toward profitability, with H1 2019 revenues of £3.7 million, which is up by 39% compared to 2018.
We funded a record 53 businesses in Q2 with headline raises from Nutmeg (£4.4m), Freetrade (£1.9m) and Money Dashboard (£3.7m), underlining how leading fintech businesses are turning to Crowdcube to fuel their growth and build stronger relationships with their communities. The rise in fintech was echoed in a report by Beauhurst, naming it the UK’s most successful sector.
We were also thrilled to see digital challenger bank Monzo, which first raised on Crowdcube in 2016, valued at £2 billion following its recent fundraise. If you were lucky enough to back Monzo in 2016 on Crowdcube, you would have seen the value of your shareholding grow more than 25 times or by 2,500%.
Q2 2019 compared to Q2 2018
- £1.9m revenue; an increase of 31%
- £61.1m of pledged investment; an increase of 28%
- £44.5m successfully invested; an increase of 48%
- 53 pitches funded; an increase of 18%
- 47,693 pledged investments; an increase of 44%
- 37,981 successful investments; an increase of 52%
- 40,371 member registrations; an increase of 14%
- 1,448,358 web visits to Crowdcube; an increase of 1%
Read our full breakdown of the quarter, here.