Crowdcube helped more entrepreneurs raise more investment than any other crowdfunding platform in the UK, according to latest data from Beauhurst published today. It shows once again that Crowdcube comfortably leads the industry by investment amount and number of completed raises in the first quarter of 2018.
This graph shows the amount of investment for the four biggest names in the equity crowdfunding industry, and Crowdcube trumps its nearest competitor by raising 55% more than they did.
First-time crowdfunders flock to Crowdcube in Q1
Not only has Crowdcube raised the highest amount of successful investment for businesses, we’ve also funded more than double the number of businesses crowdfunding for the first time with 32 raises versus 15 by our nearest competitor. The sheer quantity of new companies flocking to Crowdcube, allows us to give our investors more choice while helping more British and European businesses raise much-needed finance to help them grow.
This diagram excludes pre-emption rounds which, though beneficial to shareholders, represents small contributions to rounds which were already completed.
In addition to the 35 UK-based businesses who funded on Crowdcube we also helped a further five Spanish companies raise growth finance in the first quarter of 2018. Four businesses raised more than £1m, with the average raise size of £605,000. This shows us that founders are making confident decisions around which platform to work with based on the metrics that matter; investment amount and number of successful raises.
Some stand out raises from Q1 include:
- Recycling Technologies, which is helping solve one of the world’s biggest problems by recycling end of life plastic, took the title for the largest amount raised so far this year after 1,472 people invested a total of £3.69m.
- Madrid-based Vita Citric Spirit, which has produced the first vodka designed to be mixed with water, raised £255k from 537 investors and is one of the growing number of European businesses choosing to raise finance on Crowdcube.
- Funded Club favourite, Seadog Productions, returned to Crowdcube following a successful raise in 2015 and raised over £500k thanks to investment from more than 500 people.
So why is Crowdcube so popular?
We think it’s down to a few areas:
- We have the biggest network - over 520,000 members
- Reputation for funding deals - facilitated over £430m pledged investment through the platform
- Tried and tested - over 670 funded raises
- Experienced team
- Streamlined and scalable platform
Here’s what some of the Funded Club had to say:
“Crowdcube is the leading UK platform, and that was the crowd we were trying to pitch to.” Benedita
“Crowdcube has a great track record, especially with food and drink brands. That, and I generally just got a great feeling from the team.” Fitch Brew Co
“Good 'average investment amount' and legitimacy of other companies who have raised with Crowdcube in the past, compared to other platforms.” Synap
If you want to join them, register interest today to start creating your pitch. If you simply want to keep up to date and find out more about equity crowdfunding to scale your business, sign up for our monthly newsletter.