Having grown from 2 sites to 4 since their last round on Crowdcube, Zing Zing is revolutionising the Chinese takeout industry through its takeaway only locations with rapid delivery and custom technology. Now raising funds for further expansion.
Zing Zing is revolutionising the £1.4bn Chinese takeout industry by offering Chinese cuisine with a modern and healthy twist, cooked fresh to order and delivered fast.
We have 4 units in London.Our revenue in 2016 was £1.23m with EBITDA of -£300k (including a £93k spend from our last Crowdcube raise). We have seen sales grow by 75% to October & and are profitable at a store level since October. There are shareholders loans in the business.
The Market Today:
The UK home delivery market is worth an estimated £6.1bn and grew by 11% last year, yet we estimate that no one brand accounts for more than 1% of it - it is exceptionally fragmented.
Chinese takeout is one of the nation’s favourite categories, making up around 25% of the market and generating c.£1.4bn in sales.
Why we are different:
1. Wok fresh flavours: We offer traditional Chinese takeout dishes, wok cooked to order with a modern and healthy twist.
2. Superfast: In 2016 we averaged 31 minutes betweenthe order being placed and delivery.
3. Designed for Delivery: Our custom made packaging is designed to keep the food in perfect condition from wok to door.
4. Great value: We offer high-quality food at an attractive price point. Our flagship Zing Box meal is hugely popular. (38,000 Zing Boxes sold in 2016).
5. Our technology: We see 70% of delivery orders come through our online platform. We now have a database of 55,000 customers.