Wuolah believes that everyone needs help passing their university tests; that's why they exist. Their research indicates Wuolah is one of the largest collaborative and 100% free platforms for sharing study material among students. It has 2M+ registered users and aims to keep growing. After this raise they will start planning their expansion into new countries in LatAm.
In 2015, we identified a problem: at some point, everyone needs help passing a university test but there isn’t a free, collaborative, and centralized hub where students can find and share helpful materials related to their studies. Enter Wuolah; a free platform where students upload their study materials and receive an economic reward for doing so. Other students can then use those materials to pass their tests.
- 1M students have used Wuolah this academic year
- 4M+ uploaded files and 9000+ active content creators
- 30M+ files are downloaded each year
- 20 min average session duration
- Organic growth with a strong virality on social media.
- Wuolah is the nº1 result on Google when searching for the word ‘apuntes’ (course notes) which is helping us become one of the largest Spanish speaking student communities
We monetise by placing ads on study materials uploaded by users. Ads are therefore seen during long revision hours by those who download the materials. Our model has attracted brands like Netflix, HBO and Burger King, making us the “YouTube for study materials”.
With our fundraising we want to expand into Mexico and start running experiments in 5 new countries within LatAm to keep growing. We also want to add new functionalities like the possibility for creators to share premium materials so that they can make more money on Wuolah.