FCA-authorised WiseAlpha aims to be a world-first market, offering everyday investors access to senior secured and high yield investments in companies like Virgin Media, Ocado and Vodafone. Since its second Crowdcube raise in 2017, the company has placed over 75 investments yielding between 3-15%.
WiseAlpha aims to be a world-first digital fixed income market (www.wisealpha.com).
Everyday investors can now access individual senior secured and high-yield investments in the multi-trillion pound institutional bond market without needing £100k-£200k per single investment. We strive to aid the liberalisation and digitisation of the corporate debt markets which, we believe, despite being one of the biggest financial segments is vastly under-served by the Fintech community.
Institutional bonds differ to 'retail corporate bonds' issued via the London Orb which, in our view, are less attractive with lower interest yields and longer maturities.
Achievements so far:
- Directly FCA authorised and regulated in Sept 2016
- Winner of Best Investments Provider at the British Banking Awards (2018)
- High profile press including City AM, Moneyweek, The FT, and Bloomberg
- Over 4,000 registered members and growing
- Over 75 different investments made with market leaders e.g. Virgin Media, Ocado, Vodafone, yielding 5-15%
- Launched SIPP account product
- Beta-launched Automated Investing with our 'Robowise' product for testing
- Planning to launch European investments in beta imminently
- Built an API that will allow digital banks and wealth managers to connect to our market/partner with us
We aim to continue liberalising more markets, further automate, create ISAs, and build our presence in Europe.