The first whisky distillery in the Peak District region, White Peak Distillery has won awards for its spirit and as a visitor destination. With sell out early releases ahead of its inaugural Oct '21 whisky launch, WPD is seeking funding to build its premium brand and sales in the UK and abroad.
We set out to question the way whisky was made, and create unique, authentic flavours. Yeast and fermentation are at the heart of great flavour in craft beer but we think not enough in whisky. Yeast and fermentation are our focus. Our relentless pursuit of flavour is why we believe our whisky will be successful in a premium market where consumers value quality, authenticity and provenance.
Our home in the former Wire Works sits in a World Heritage Site. The heart of the Industrial Revolution; entrepreneurs, innovators, things made the proper way. A legacy at our core.
When our whisky is launched in October, we will be 5 years in but at the start of our ambitions to create a global whiskey brand. We have the foundations for growth:
- A team passionate & committed to the business
- £1.4m invested in tried & tested plant equipment
- 950+ casks of maturing whisky, sales are not constrained by stocks
- We're operating at c.50% of capacity, so have room to grow
- Awarded visitor business in The Peak District (which receives 13m+ visitors pa), supporting our D2C model
- Gold awards from The Wizards of Whisky World Whisky Awards
- Programs to monetize our maturing whisky have been a sell out success, including our Cask Sales program, Temperance Club membership & our Prologue 2.1 release 2-year aged single malt spirit
With growing whisky stocks & funds to support our plans, the future is exciting