Say Hello to WeFiFo! WeFiFo is a multi-award-winning start up aiming to change the way the world eats. Enabling home cooks, supper club hosts and professional chefs to share their food with paying guests. Founded in 2016 by Seni Glaister, co-founder and former CEO of the Book People Ltd.
WeFiFo is a two-sided marketplace, serving both chef and guest. Described as ‘Airbnb for the kitchen table’ WeFiFo enables those with a love of cooking to earn a flexible income from their food & offers diners more choice than ever before.
WeFiFo charges a variable commission on ticket sales. In return, it offers marketing, admin support, and insures hosts, their guests, and their equipment. Hosts who need it are offered Food & Hygiene training & WeFiFo’s unique platform allows hosts to accept or decline bookings based on a guest’s profile.
Events have taken place in hosts’ homes, cafés & pop up venues, in supermarkets, shopping centres, on boats, in parks & on high streets across 7 different countries!
WeFiFo’s first target is to recruit 33,000 UK hosts and expand into 3 new international territories, establishing these markets. We will use food to connect the world, one table at a time, with the aim that no guest will be further than 10 miles from their nearest WeFiFo event.
Since launch, WeFiFo has:
- Won regional & national awards
- Secured financial backing & a commercial partnership with John Lewis and Waitrose
- Partnered with local councils, high street restaurant chains & shopping centres
- Hosted events with authors, influencers, celebrity chefs & household names
- Secured regular national & international press, including TV
- Changed the lives of its hosts and guests.