Uniti is the innovative Swedish Electric Vehicle startup that's been called the "Tesla for megacities" by Business Insider. The company plans to launch its affordable electric city car in the UK & Nordics in 2020 from its fully digitalised pilot plant in Silverstone, home of the British Grand Prix.
Cars need to change. Climate scientists warn our window for change is rapidly closing. But people still need to drive to work everyday. Uniti’s answer is an affordable Electric Vehicle (EV) purpose-built for the daily commute, a car that meets the needs of society while offering the right combination of styling, connected features and performance that people rave about. The market for EVs is expected be worth over €1 trillion over the next decade with additional €1.5 trillion in new service and data revenue led by shared mobility. We believe Uniti is poised to compete well in that global market with B2C direct sales and subscription models and with B2B fleet sales.
- Original Swedish company founded in 2016
- Vehicle prototype revealed 2017
- Successful market validation in 2018 (over £65 / €70 million in pre-order value)
- Uniti will show its Production Intent Model at the end of 2019
- Fully digitalised, i4.0 production site in the UK by 2020
- Plan to launch in Northern Europe in 2020, expansion planned for US & APAC thereafter
- Goal is to achieve at least 4% of EU's BEV market by 2024
- Lean operational approach more akin to consumer electronics than automotive
- Key global partnerships include Siemens, Unipart, Kuka, E.ON, Tele2, and others