“The Cheese Truck could be the best street food truck ever..”(The Metro). Selling gourmet toasted cheese sandwiches, since 2014, The Cheese Truck has amassed a passionate following on their mission to rejuvenate British Cheese. They are now looking to open a permanent 'cheese bar' in Camden, London.
The Cheese Truck made a name for itself serving irresistible grilled cheese sandwiches across London and the UK from two converted 1970's Bedford ice cream vans named Alfie and Audrey. We now plan to open our first two fixed premises, Archies Bar in Deptford and The Cheese Bar in Camden.
It all started in 2013 when Mathew, returned from America with a big dream, no money and an old ice cream van sat outside his house. Within a year The Cheese Truck was trading at the UK’s biggest music festivals. Working closely with producers, sourcing all cheese direct from UK based farms that make cheese in a traditional and thoughtful way.
- Flown to the UAE twice and traded as part of a British street food showcase
- Pitches at Glastonbury, Bestival, Wilderness, Green Man and lots more UK festivals
- Strong social media following, 10k Insta, nealy 6k Twitter, 3.5k on FB
- Nominated for best food concession at the UK festival awards
- Nominated for best looking street food truck at the British street food awards
- Featured in New York Times, Telegraph, Independent, Metro, Timeout, Evening Standard and many more.
- Featured as one of the best-grilled cheese sandwiches in Britain - The Telegraph
- Metro "This Cheese Truck could be the best street food truck ever…”
- Featured as one of the best food stalls at Glastonbury - The Independent