Staark makes beautiful cycling clothing that fits real people. Using Dimensioning Technology, Staark delivers a fit based on specific body shapes. Staark’s innovative designs target cycling and indoor/spin for both men and women, with future diffusion into the wider Athleisure market, which is set to be worth $517b by 2025.
We believe that current premium cycling and spin brands are cut to a single shape, optimised for the top 20% of cyclists. We’ve developed Staark Dimensioning Technology® which aims to cater for all body shapes, creating premium garments that fit the ‘other’ 80% of us!
Formed in Nov 2018, we have researched, designed and tested our garments, building relationships with European fabric manufacturers.
Staark is focused on success:
• Targeted - Our market is the 80% of cyclists with high disposable income who are not ‘elite’ shaped
• Environmental - Aiding an increase in Active Transport (cycle to work) as well as leisure/sports
• Sustainability - An ethical supply chain (European sourcing), with garment up-cycling & lower return rates
• Digital - Our launch, brand development, audience engagement & sales are primarily via digital channels (supported by grassroots real-world activity)
During Covid, cycling levels have increased up to 60% YoY:
• £2bn Govt investment into Active Transport
• Brompton reporting a 5x rise in sales in April 2020 vs. the previous month
• 46% rise in Halfords cycling-related sales in a 5-week period to the end of Sept 2020
• Home-based indoor cycle/spin is increasingly popular (eg. Peloton)
Spring 2021 is the ideal time for Staark's launch. Raising funds with Crowdcube will enable us to run our first productions, fueling the initial product launch.
We hope you join us!