A Squirrel account makes it easy to stick to your budget and save. Start for free today!
People are bad with money! UK individuals struggle to:
• Save money (average saved is just 1.7% of post tax income)
• Create and stick to a budget (21% of workforce in overdraft 1 week after payday)
Squirrel is a Barclays Techstars company on a mission to stop people running out of money, and make achieving financial goals easy.
While banks continue to make spending easier and offer overdrafts and credit to monetize, Squirrel makes it harder to spend money when you don’t need to, and makes money through subscription - helping customers stick to a budget and build savings!
How it works
Squirrel is a Barclays-held account that splits your salary up into bills, savings, and a weekly allowance. You can rest assured knowing your bills are paid, your savings are automatically kept on track, and you always have spending money every week.
- 2016 Consumer launch
- 15k signed up users
- £9m paid into Squirrel
- Rated best product in the regular saving category ahead of Natwest, RBS and Barclays!
- Squirrel users save 10x more than national average
- Incredible reviews - See images
Squirrel aims to change millions of UK lives for the better:
• 26m people make < £40k p.a.
• Massive and growing debt problem in UK (£200b of consumer credit lending)
• 70% of population has < 3 months income saved
• 66% of population has no financial goals/plan to achieve them