Splash is a U.S. direct-to-consumer wine marketer focused on cutting through the clutter of a growing, yet confusing market. Splash provides members with transparent pricing, great value, and top quality customer service. The best part? It's working. Splash has realized early stage profitability.
Of course, it has to start with the wine. If you can't get good wine to the consumer, nothing else matters. We provide:
- A curated selection of fewer than 200 rotating wines from all over the planet
- An ability for customers to build their own case (wines start at $7 per bottle) or choose a rotating selection of seasonal curated cases ranging from $105 to $200 for 15 bottles
- Transparent Pricing: just 15% above our cost
How is Splash able to offer this value? It's because of our unique membership model (members join on a complimentary basis and migrate to a paid model at a low annual fee) that gives them access to the site with all its benefits. This gives our customer:
- Access to our inventory
- Transparent pricing just 15% above our cost
- Shipping included with membership orders
- Membership starts at just $6 per month
It is this last point that we often consider our most important point of difference - fanatical customer service. Splash focuses on retaining the customer. We do this through:
- Weekly team tastings to increase wine knowledge
- Empowering all team members to solve any problems
- Guaranteeing every single bottle we ship meets our customer's satisfaction
- Providing easy access to our customer service
We acquire members at a profit (roughly 8%) enabling us to focus on customer retention. Our efforts lead us to customer satisfaction (91% on Groupon).
The company has loans.