Reveal is an alternatively designed dating app that allows females to browse anonymously, only becoming visible to males they like. Matched users can then reveal mutual intentions. Proven concept with 4k downloads achieved since Dec 2017 launch leading to an exclusive feature in Daily Mail Online.
Online dating is an evolving industry, estimated to be worth $1.3b globally in 2018.
Current market leaders adopt a swipe left/right mechanic - the quickest way users can connect, yet the yield for results via this method can be frustratingly low due to differences in male and female user behaviour. We believe there is now a great opportunity for entry and fresh impetus to address this.
• Research shows males can play a numbers game (60% say they do), swiping right/saying yes to all profiles (auto-swiping) then reacting selectively after seeing which females reciprocated. This often leads to stale matches
• Females can be reluctant to use dating apps due to privacy concerns
• Gauging and articulating intentions can be difficult on dating apps
• Females swipe completely anonymously and hassle-free, only becoming visible to males they like
• Intentions can be revealed via icons if mutual, such as to go on a date. Reveal will therefore aim to tap into the physical dating market (worth £11.7bn per year in UK) through sponsored date spot recommendations
Reveal launched on Apple App/Google Play stores in December 2017. Proof of concept achieved via acquisition of 4k users since Dec 2017 with minimal marketing spend and featured on dailymail.co.uk (UK's most viewed news site). The app will adopt a freemium business model.