Real Handful produce award-winning, nutritious & delicious Trail Mix snacks for the UK & beyond. In >2,000 stores-Tesco, Sainsburys, Waitrose, ASDA, Ocado, Holland & Barrett. Revenue up >100% from 193k in '18 to >400k in '19, (P&L -£110,495). Now raising to drive sales, marketing & range expansion.
Hiking in the Grand Canyon we discovered trail mix and fell in love with this versatile snack as a fuel for everything from Ironman training to a busy day in the office. Trail mix isn’t just a natural source of energy, fibre, protein, good fats and other nutrients it also tastes amazing. In the UK where snacking habits are still dominated by foods high in empty carbohydrates trail mix is a convenient, natural & delicious alternative.
Global demand for trail mix is expected to grow by 5.6% YOY to 2023 as consumers turn to healthier options. However, with 70% of sales in the UK’s £1.1bn Fruit & Nut snacking market coming from Private Label in 2013 we saw an opportunity for a disruptive brand to enter the market.
So in 2016 we launched Real Handful, becoming the UK’s first dedicated trail mix brand, and we haven’t looked back;
- Real Handful is now sold in >2,000 UK stores including Tesco, Sainsburys, Waitrose, ASDA & Ocado
- In 2019 we have sold 967k snacks and we aim to sell 1m by the end of the year
- Our range has won 4 International Brand Design Awards & 2 Great Taste Awards
But we can do so much more to champion trail mix and in doing so help change UK snacking habits for the better. We are raising funds at this point to;
- Grow awareness, trial and sales of our snacks in the UK
- Launch new flavours and ranges
- Increase our International and Direct 2 Consumer business