With over 400 stockists in 20 countries, including Booths, Harrods, and Whole Foods, Raw Halo is an award-winning raw chocolate brand. Revenue to date is £380k, and the business is returning to Crowdcube to raise investment for their expansion into national supermarkets.
We’re Raw Halo, an award-winning raw chocolate brand producing delicious and healthier chocolate made from raw cacao. Our chocolate is free from refined sugar, gluten, and dairy. We’re Great Taste Award winning, Soil Association Organic certified, and Vegan Society approved.
Operating within the UK’s fastest growing supermarket categories, including “Free-From” (worth over £531 million in 2016) and Organic (sales set to reach £2.2 billion in 2017), we’re on a mission to become the world’s most-loved luxury raw chocolate brand.
The inspiration for Raw Halo came when founder Meg spotted a new segment within the raw chocolate category, targeting current consumers and encouraging them to trade up.
Highlights to date
- Reached 176% overfunding on Crowdcube in 2016, raising £150k of investment
- Sold in over 400 stockists (up from 150 in 2016)
- Over 220,000 bars sold to date (up from 85,000 in 2016)
- Outsourced production and warehousing in 2017, in preparation for listings with a major retailer.
Financials & Use of Funds
- Revenue for the last 12 months was £190k, with a blended gross profit margin of 46% and EBITDA £39k loss. £380k revenue to date from £630k of retail sales.
- Funds will be used to drive launch into national supermarkets, continued marketing investment, and new product development.
- A bank loan and shareholder loans exist.
- Planned exit strategy: trade sale in 4-5 years.