Listed with major retailers including Waitrose, Holland & Barrett, and Ocado, Raw Halo is challenging the premium chocolate category with award-winning, better-for-you chocolate. With revenue to date of over £1.2m and new branding, they're returning for a 3rd Crowdcube raise to accelerate growth.
What We Do:
We believe chocolate should make you feel good. That's why we make organic raw chocolate bars with ethically sourced, plant-based ingredients sweetened naturally with coconut sugar. Chocolate with a glossy shine, satisfying snap and melt-in-your-mouth smoothness. We're disrupting the premium chocolate category with chocolate that's better in every sense, for you and the planet.
Our new branding sees our bars sustainably wrapped in 100% recyclable, plastic-free packaging. In partnership with One Tree Planted, we'll plant one tree for every 50 bars sold.
- European premium chocolate market is expected to reach £10.7bn by 2024
- Organic chocolate topped the 2018 consumer wishlist; demand for ethical, vegan & better-for-you chocolate continues to rise
- UK vegan population expected to grow by 327% to 2.9m by 2020
- Recent figures show nearly 8 in 10 confectionery shoppers favour sustainable packaging
- Reached 182% overfunding on Crowdcube in 2017, raising £200k investment
- Over 1m bars sold to date (up from 220k in 2017)
- £1.2m revenue to date, turnover YTD as of June 19 £526k (P&L -£75k)
- Secured nationwide listings with Waitrose and Holland&Barrett in Feb 2019
Use of Funds:
- Support our launch into additional major retailers
- Build our brand through creative marketing campaigns
- Grow our sales team
Exit strategy: aiming for trade sale in 2-3 years