POD Point believes travel shouldn’t damage the earth. The company's mission is to put an electric vehicle chargepoint everywhere drivers park for an hour or more. So far POD Point has supplied over 44m miles of electric motoring and a charge is started on its network every 42 seconds.
At POD Point, we believe travel shouldn't damage the earth so we're enabling the mass adoption of electric vehicles. Our mission is to put an electric vehicle chargepoint everywhere drivers park for an hour or more.
There are already 70,000+ electric cars on UK roads with that number forecast to increase to more than 500,000 by 2020.
Everyone who buys one of these electric vehicles needs to charge it & that's where we come in.
By 2020 we calculate the UK will need an infrastructure of over 1 million chargepoints, and that's before you factor in the European market & ongoing adoption of EV.
How we're addressing the opportunity:
We provide electric vehicle chargepoints & software to manage them, so drivers can charge at home, work and public destinations.
- We supply chargepoints to customers of Nissan, Volvo, Volkswagen, Hyundai, Citroen, Peugeot, Tesla & Renault Norway.
- Our workplace customers include well known brands like Britvic, Barratt Homes & Nestle.
- Our public Open Charge points are available across the UK at locations including Sainsbury's, Lidl, Heathrow Airport & David Lloyd Leisure gyms.
So far we have:
- Supplied over an est. 44,000,000 electric miles through our ecosystem.
- Shipped more than 27,000 chargepoints.
- Placed in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 list of the UK's fastest growing technology companies, two years running.