PLAYin CHOC is an innovative new UK manufacturer of organic vegan chocolates and eco-friendly toys - a 'premium, sustainable, Kinder Surprise'. Since launch in January 2018 the company has won multiple awards, proved its products attract re-orders, and is now looking to scale up its activities.
PLAYin CHOC is a premium, sustainable chocolate and toy brand. Plastic-free, allergen-free, organic, and inspiring creative play, we aim to put our products into the hands of millions of children around the world.
PLAYin CHOC straddles the chocolate and toy market worth over $4bn per year, and the organic chocolate market worth approx $900m per year. Both markets are growing at over 2-3% per year.
Since launch in January 2018, PLAYin CHOC has sold approx 50,000+ units in 21 countries. Potential stockists for the company’s products are estimated at 100,000 in the UK, and 1 million globally.
PLAYin CHOC has identified 5 routes to market:
1. High-end food supermarkets: the first being Ocado
2. Independent food, confectionary and gift shops - served directly and via distributors.
3. Travel retail market - on board airlines, cruise ships, rail and in duty-free and airport shops.
4. Direct to consumer via subscription web ordering on PLAYin CHOC website.
5. International distributors.
We are in initial discussion with Ocado and are working to achieve salsa certification. We're also in talks with one of the world's largest airline catering providers, to stock and sell PLAYin CHOC on board.
Funds will be used to accelerate growth by securing larger permanent premises, more automated equipment, landing key staff hires, and intensifying targeted marketing at trade and consumer shows and online.