Nova launches tech-enabled growth-focused startups, putting passionate founders at the heart of everything they do. Their portfolio survival rate is 5x higher than some market norms, with average portfolio valuation growth of 83% yoy. 2018/19 turnover was £7.2m, making £2.9m profit before taxation.
The Problem: Despite progress in crowdfunding/incubators/accelerators, research suggests that ~92% of startups fail within 3 years for the same reasons our founders experienced 10+ years ago.
Our Solution: We started Nova to create a more rewarding experience for startups with our co-founding model. Together we conceive and scale digital businesses solving real-world problems, open new markets or disrupt existing ones. Our framework provides a set of tools and principles focused on inception to scale, driving revenue when businesses exit so we are aligned with their success.
Achievements so far:
- Supported 70+ founders launch, find follow on investment and grow
- 46% Nova co-founded businesses are still trading vs. 8% market norm
- 140+ staff across Liverpool, Manchester, London & Islamabad (110% growth since 2017)
- 83% portfolio valuation growth YOY, creating £72m+ valuation of the portfolio.
- 2018/19 turnover of £7.2m (£2.9m Profit before taxation)
The Opportunity: The UK is 4th worldwide for tech startup investment (1st for fintech with £4.5bn invested 2015-18), employing 5% of global high-growth tech workers. VC investment in UK tech topped £6.8bn in 2018, the highest in Europe and is home to 35% of Europe and Israel’s’ tech unicorns.
Nova sits in this ecosystem and is raising funds to further leverage our growing network of Funds, Founders and Talent in every major UK city.