Notes is a growing coffee shop and wine bar concept, which has established itself as one of the market leaders in London's quality coffee market. Starting from a coffee cart in 2010, the company has grown to 9 prime central locations, with its own roastery and annual revenue of £5m.
Notes is a growing coffee shop and wine bar concept with 9 prime central London locations.
Starting from a coffee cart in a cobbled street market in 2010, we now source and roast our own single-origin coffee, serving over 1.4m cups a year. The coffee market currently stands at 2.3bn cups per year in the UK, and customer tastes are moving towards quality. We believe Notes is perfectly poised to take full advantage of this trend.
Since our last Crowdcube raise in 2015 we have opened 4 locations, doubled our revenue to nearly £5m (£0.2m EBITDA), increased site EBITDA by 3x and expanded our roastery, which now produces over 1 tonne per week for Notes and our wholesale partners
Our points of differentiation are:
- Serving high-quality Single Origin specialty coffee, in high volumes
- We roast our coffee at our very own roastery in Canning Town. We have a strong wholesale business, with significant capacity to grow
- A true all day offer - evening sales account for 25%-30% of sales in full offer sites
- High-end spaces created with a focus on design and attention to detail
- Passionate, friendly, knowledgeable staff, trained extensively on our menus.
Disclosure: corporate and director loans exist.