Medic Bleep is a secure and real-time communication solution. Fully adopted by West Suffolk NHS Trust in 2019, now used by up to 5,600 staff in hospitals, GP surgeries and large scale veterinary practices every month. Medic Bleep have a partnership agreement with BT with a shared aim to engage 20% of NHS.
Medic Bleep has helped doctors, nurses and the wider team to communicate and collaborate more effectively, accelerating productivity, reducing costs, and improving patient outcomes.
Our research suggests that poor inter-team communication is the primary cause for 21% of patient harm; meaning a possible 400,000 episodes of potential harm a year, in the NHS alone. This is a problem seen and shared by other professionals, evidenced by Medic Bleep being downloaded 18,000 times in the last year.
Medic Bleep successfully raised over £800,000 on Crowdcube in March 2020. Since then we have:
- Secured a partnership with BT, with a shared aim to target 20% of NHS trusts by 2025 and later expand into other verticals.
- Expanded into community care communications (GPs etc.)
- Started a trial in a large scale Veterinary practice
- Involved in a national framework, through our partnership with BT, for clinical communications; seen as a key element to help tackle second wave of Covid, this framework will help expedite how NHS can buy such solutions
- Have 5,600 monthly active users with 62% of those also weekly active users.
We are now raising to:
- Further develop the product (V2) in a modular way with bolt-ons requested by customers.
- Deliver on BT contract and NHS X framework to capture our sales projections
- Explore other geographies
At Medic Bleep we want to connect the world of healthcare