Street Stream is a new tech startup that is disrupting the same-day and on-demand delivery industry. Since their last round in February 2016, they've built their API and facilitated 14,000 jobs so far, achieving what they planned to since their first round that funded in just 11 days.
We believe Street Stream disrupts same-day delivery with our web & app-based couriers network.
We've seen our sales grow 28.2% per month (geometric average from the launch month to the end of February 2017). After we closed our first Crowdcube round (closing early & oversubscribed) we have progressed: launching an API, having exceeded 1000 jobs in September and October 2016, and crossing 14,000 jobs so far. We follow Airbnb’s model: decentralised asset ownership; good service via a ratings-driven marketplace; a scalable model with potential to be a major player in a fast-growing market. Customer feedback has been very positive so far.
How it works:
1) Via Website
Customers post courier jobs
Couriers quote via app
Courier selected by customer
2) Via Application Programme Interface (API) - launching now, with waitlist.
Seamless e-commerce integration - customers connected to our network at checkout
Retailers can offer timely & reliable delivery
increasing e-commerce market, which is steadily growing at 14.4% per annum.
Positive growth in on-demand services
Competitive pressures ensure trend towards tighter & timelier delivery windows:
- 32% would shop more online if delivery more flexible (Mintel, ‘15)
- 55% prefer same-day (EMarketer, ‘15)
- Slow/inflexible deliveries can have a negative impact on sales (Hermes).
- 75% more likely to return if happy with delivery (EMarketer, ‘15)
- 20% might pay for precise/urgent delivery (Descartes)