Founded in Shoreditch in 2011, Grind has spread across London and evolved into an award-winning group of 11 central London locations serving coffee, food and cocktails to a killer soundtrack. One of London’s fastest growing and most exciting hospitality brands.
Founded in 2011, Grind has become one of the most exciting and fastest growing hospitality brands in London:
- Since our £1.3m Crowdcube bond raise in 2015 and £2.1m Crowdcube equity raise in 2017, Grind has grown to eleven locations plus a coffee roastery in Shoreditch.
- In the calendar year 2018, the group generated sales of £9.4m, with like-for-like sales growth of 16%, Site EBITDA of £1.6m & EBITDA of £0.3m.
- We're more confident than ever in our business model, with the core business delivering on our FY18 and YTD19 objectives.
- We ended 2018 with around £1m in the bank, but the changing high street means we're being offered more properties in prime locations than ever before, so we're raising funds to capitalise on these opportunities.
- We've launched our Grind at Home retail range, headed up by our new Compostable Coffee Pods for Nespresso Machines, adding £20k of sales in the first month, and selling over 60,000 pods since launching in December 2018.
- We've outgrown the Roastery you helped us build in 2015, and are moving to a space five times the size to support our growth and the Grind at Home range.
- This is the last time we expect to be able to offer EIS tax relief on your investment, as once we open our next site, Liverpool Street Grind, we’ll be too big to offer this.
- Funds raised will not be used to repay the Grind Bond; funds raised will be used only for growth