Operating in a £21bn UK market, of which only 5% is currently online, Glovebox Direct is an online automotive parts, accessories and merchandise marketplace. Since a successful 2017 Crowdcube raise, the company now works with a growing list of leading brands and has a growing 100k+ social following.
Glovebox Direct is an online automotive parts, accessories and merchandise marketplace, focused on offering:
1) the largest online range
2) superior ease of use, and
3) guaranteed 100% authentic product direct from the car and bike brands.
The parts and services market is a £21bn market in the UK, but less than 5% is online. With 6 years experience at eBay and after years of managing marketplace sales for BMW, Toyota, Nissan and others, we understand why consumers can struggle:
- Lack of product availability online
- Ease of use issues and the risks of buying the wrong item
- Authenticity and warranty concerns
Our highlights so far:
- Seed funded on Crowdcube in Nov 2017 to build the concept; 150% over-subscribed in 3 days (£181,670).
- Three further manufacturers now in product development. Suzuki represents c. 1.3% of the market, and with this expansion we will now target more than 8 million cars on the UK roads.
- Product now out of beta
- Customers averaging £45 per basket
- Click & fit enabled so customers buy online and can additionally book their servicing and fitting, a feature that some manufacturers don't have in their online store
- B2B development now underway; proof of concept in place with a top 20 dealer group and in discussions with 5 other brands
- With over 100,000 Facebook followers, our social media following already outperforms some vehicle manufacturers.