Yapster is the chat app for retail and hospitality teams. It enables more effective and efficient communication for companies with mobile workforces. Staff can send 1-1 and group messages, initiate flash polls, and post to the company newsfeed. Customers include Ann Summers, Caffè Nero and Dunelm.
80% of the workforce are deskless workers meaning they rarely use a PC. From existing work with retail companies the Yapster team has found that this causes a number of problems:
- Ineffective communication across all levels of the organisation, as leadership cannot effectively share the company’s progress and vision to a large, disparate workforce
- Employees don’t feel motivated or valued, resulting in higher staff turnover and lower productivity
- With no way for frontline staff to provide quick feedback, management miss out on opportunities to make business improvements.
Retail and hospitality managers believe the key benefits of using Yapster include:
- Streamlined internal communication, allowing genuine two-way conversations between head office and regions/individual locations, as well as within certain hierarchy level.
- Employees are more engaged in the business, reflected by lower staff turnover rates, higher productivity, and fewer unplanned absences.
- The app evolves with their business - we work with our customers to constantly improve the user experience and add new features.
- Integration with existing HR software and a dedicated admin console make the platform easy to manage
Post revenue and pre-profit, Yapster is well positioned to grow in a market we estimated to be worth more than £1bn p.a.