The Discovery Yachts Group was formed in 2017 in Southampton. It owns Discovery, Southerly, Bluewater and Britannia brands. Its mission is to create the finest luxury yacht destination. The brand has grown its order book 300% to £11m and is raising to expand its capacity, range and global reach
Discovery Yachts Group creates four uniquely handcrafted yacht ranges priced from £225k to £2.7 million:
- Discovery (Founded 1998 with MBO in 2017) – Established ‘go anywhere’ luxury yacht brand
- Southerly (Founded 1975 & bought in 2017) – Premium yachts with one of the industry's best swing-keel configuration
- Bluewater (Founded in 2017) – Luxury catamarans focusing on high growth category
- Britannia (Launching 2018) – Flagship range with classic superyacht styling
Each luxury yacht is hand built in the UK, by its team of highly skilled artisans. Every yacht is made to order and unique, enabling customers to sail away without compromise, in their home from home. Each yacht offers push-button sailing, effortless handling for confident world-class cruising.
The global boat industry saw a 4.4% increase in sales for 2016 compared to 2015 and that figure is expected to continue rising. Discovery currently have 9 yachts in build and have grown their order book by substantially over 300% this financial year to over £11 million. There are 3 new models currently in development, 4 new global sales ambassadors and the workforce has doubled since April 2017 to over 100.
Pillars for further growth:
- Growing capacity to meet pent-up demand
- New product development including the Britannia range
- Increasing global sales through sales ambassadors & events
- Developing our marketing & digital offer