Crowns & Hops Brewing Company's mission is to promote diversity inclusion in the craft beer space, which has been missing until now. They are seeking investment to bring the first ever black-owned craft brewery to the city of Inglewood, California to create a new footprint & community in craft beer.
2015, Teo Hunter & Beny Ashburn created a movement and brand called Dope & Dank to promote diversity in the craft beer industry. Their direct community of Black and Brown craft beer enthusiasts has grown to over 15K strong. TIME Magazine cited the founders as “Changing The Face of Beer”. Imbibe Magazine named the duo “Beer People of the Year” in 2018.
In 2019, Teo & Beny formed a new company, Crowns & Hops Brewing Co. and received $200k investment from the Brewdog Development Fund to build their brewery.
Out of 7,000+ craft breweries in the US, only about 1% are minority owned. The time is now to create spaces that reflect communities of colour.
- Bring the first black-owned brewery to Inglewood, CA.
- New brewery model, built from the support of craft beer enthusiasts & innovators
- Create craft beer spaces where diverse communities feel represented
- Space designed to inspire community building
- The brewery will be a hub that will provide mentoring, training and education for entry into the brewing industry
Elements of hip-hop, jazz, and art will feel the space. In addition to expanding the craft beer community, the brand will expand into other diverse cities that are missing this same model.
Welcome to the New Now of Craft Beer.