Creative Minds is a nationwide community of artists delivering therapeutic art sessions to care homes, enabling older people to explore their creativity and create wonderful artwork. The community currently includes over 30 artists delivering over 350 art sessions to 1500 participants per month.
Whilst working as a Support Worker in 2012, James delivered 1-to-1 arts and crafts sessions to one of the service users and saw the joy and engagement he experienced through expressing himself. This gentleman inspired James to found Creative Minds.
5 years later and we now have a community of 30 artist licencees delivering c.350 art sessions to over 1500 people per month. We receive 200+ licence applications every year and we have on average 2 artists join us each month, between January and September.
By the end of 2020, we forecast a community of 82 licencees reaching over 4000 people in the UK.
The business in brief:
1. Creative Minds exists to empower people through our service and make art accessible to everyone.
2. We operate in a niche market, and have identified very few direct competitors.
3. The care sector alone consists of nearly 2500 care providers with over 18,500 establishments.
4. We have partnership discussions in progress with several care providers, arts organisations and art suppliers to help to extend our reach and provide more value to our licencees and their clients.
5. Within the next 3 years, we hope to launch new revenue streams and establish a global franchise presence in countries such as the US, Australia and Canada.
Commercial loans exist.