CRATE Brewery is one of London’s best known breweries, and their taproom is a mecca for craft beer fans from all over the World. Their home at The White Building in Hackney Wick is where they make and sell their beer, and where food, music, and art all come together.
We started life in July 2012 with a dream of creating the ultimate craft beer and food experience. We wanted to create a place where people would come and be free to enjoy themselves, to drink, eat, dance, connect, and share, in an environment that was stimulating and fun. So we opened CRATE, a microbrewery and pizzeria, producing full-flavoured and accessible beers alongside hand rolled pizzas. We now have the chance to turn our already wonderful space into a true mecca for craft beer fans and a proper hub for creativity.
Your investment will allow us to
- Add a state of the art brewery for experimentation and innovation, where we can let creativity run wild.
- Open a new restaurant with dishes inspired by a new culinary thinking
- Open a new event space and launch a year-round programme of cultural events
- Transform our taproom from its current 4000sq ft to 8000sq ft of fun.
- Build 1000 sq ft of affordable workspace to act as an incubator for talent.
Having just secured a national listing in nearly 1500 Tesco stores we are also looking for funding to spread the word of what we do to the rest of the UK.
CRATE achieved £3.95m turnover in FY 2018 with an EBITDA of £88k. We recently invested in sales & marketing heads and extended the lease on our venue, the White Building, to set the foundations for future growth.