A highly innovative eco-tech company exploring for battery metals in Cornwall. Work to date has confirmed “globally significant” lithium grades. Government and shareholder funding has hastened progress towards environmentally responsible lithium production, essential for the UK’s energy transition.
Cornish Lithium is enabling eco-technologies through exploration for lithium and other battery metals in Cornwall with the goal of creating a “battery metals hub” for the UK. The opportunity to create a domestic supply of lithium in Cornwall was recognised by Prime Minister Boris Johnson & other UK Government ministers in recent speeches regarding their vision for the future economy and formally incorporated into the UK Government’s 2021 Integrated Strategic Review.
The Company was founded in 2016 when our CEO recognised this strategic opportunity and has now built a highly skilled team in Cornwall.
Progress since our last crowdfund:
• Commenced construction of a government funded lithium extraction pilot plant at the United Downs Deep Geothermal Project
• Been granted exploration rights by The Crown Estate to explore for lithium in geothermal waters in 4 areas off the Cornish coast
• Acquired a lithium extraction technology licence from Lepidico, to enable low carbon lithium extraction at the hard rock lithium Trelavour Project
• Obtained funding from the Automotive Transformation Fund to progress a demonstration extraction plant at the Trelavour Project
• Produced lithium carbonate (as part of the Li4UK project) and battery-grade lithium hydroxide (using the Lepidico technology) produced at lab scale
• Commenced a second drilling campaign at Trelavour to establish a maiden resource