Cornish Lithium is exploring the opportunity to create a new, environmentally-responsible, UK-based lithium extraction industry and has acquired exploration rights for lithium and other ‘battery metals’ across a large area of Cornwall. Investment will take the Company to the next exploration stage.
Cornish Lithium aims to create a new, environmentally-responsible, lithium extraction industry in the UK. Rights to explore for lithium and other battery metals across Cornwall have been acquired, and the team is re-evaluating a historic mining region where lithium was first observed in 1864.
As the world decarbonises with renewable energy and electric cars, domestic supply of battery metals is key. Demand for lithium is rapidly rising as electric vehicles become mainstream. Recently Volkswagen commented that lithium is the ‘irreplaceable element of the electric future’.
- Founded in 2016: Recognised a strategic opportunity for lithium production in the UK
- Company ultimately aims to extract lithium and utilise contained energy from lithium-enriched geothermal waters
- Highly skilled technical team based in Cornwall
- IP lies in data-driven digital geological modelling: an innovative approach to exploration
- Company value lies in exploiting the digital data already assembled over its large area of exploration rights
- Extensive mineral rights agreements give Cornish Lithium a first-mover advantage in Cornwall
- Growing recognition of the importance of domestic lithium supply in the UK
Funds raised will be used to continue exploration over the next 12 months, including sample collection, in order to better understand battery metal potential of Cornwall.