Already the fastest grocery delivery in Ireland, the Buymie app allows consumers to connect personal shoppers who use their own smartphone and car to deliver groceries within an hour. The team includes Ireland Dragon Den’s Eamonn Quinn and Founders behind Kiddicare.com's £70m sale to Morrisons.
Buymie aims to make online grocery faster and profitable!
The Buymie app allows consumers to connect with a personal shopper who uses their own smartphone and car to pick and deliver groceries in as little as 1 hour, in return for a delivery fee.
The Buymie platform provides a secure data and cashless payment connection between customers and personal shoppers while reducing the cost for retailers to compete online.
Buymie is the fastest grocery delivery service in Ireland, and has achieved this without owning any vans, warehouses or stock.
We secured €400k of investment in 2017 from:
- Unilever Plc, largest FMCG brand manufacturer in the UK
- Eamonn Quinn, Dragon's Den Investor & Grocery Retail Magnate
- Scott Weavers-Wright former CEO of Morrisons.com, 6th most powerful person in UK e-commerce
Worth over £9 billion today, the UK grocery e-commerce market is expected to reach between £16-18 billion in 5 years.
Today, large grocery retailers lose £3-400m annually with existing online services and mainly provide only next day delivery.
However, the consumer is shifting away from individual providers in favour of aggregated on-demand platforms like Buymie, Deliveroo, UberEats, JustEat etc.
Buymie has 4 core revenue channels:
- Commission on deliveries (14.75%) + delivery fees
- Retailer Partnership fees
- DaaS (Data as a Service for Brands, Retailers & others)
- Advertising & Promotion (Brands)