Breezie is a tablet-based platform that makes technology simple, personal and accessible to older adults. Through partnerships with Samsung, Google and large distributors, Breezie is used by healthcare providers in the UK, US and Australia to help older adults stay happy, healthy and independent
With the world population aged 60 and over set to double and aged 80 and over set to triple between 2017 and 2050, serving the aging market represents a $7.6 trillion opportunity.
Breezie started with a simple premise: technology can fundamentally transform an older person’s life – it can keep them socially connected, mentally engaged and provide them with access to critical care and services BUT older people often struggle with technology. Breezie aims to solve this.
Breezie has developed a platform that aggregates a wide range of applications – from Skype and Facebook to wearables and smart home sensors. It delivers them to an older person on a simple and personalized tablet interface which can be remotely managed by family members and caregivers.
Today, Breezie’s platform is being used by large aged care, social care and healthcare providers across the UK, US and Australia to:
• Reduce social isolation and loneliness amongst older people
• Keep older adults in care homes and retirement villages mentally engaged and physically active
• Help older people live as long as possible in their own homes – safely and independently
• Radically reduce healthcare and social care costs by delivering care to an older patient in their own home.
• Help family members remotely monitor their older relatives well being and daily activity.