Black Bee Honey was founded in 2017 to celebrate premium British Honey and with the aim of becoming one of the UK’s best loved honey brands. Now in over 150 stockists including Ocado, Wholefoods and Booths supermarkets. Seeking investment for its next stage of growth.
Black Bee Honey offer a range of award winning, single-origin, raw British Honeys. Supporting not only British bees but also their keepers. We're one of the UK's first carbon neutral honey companies.
Most high street honey is labelled as a ‘Blend of EU & non-EU honeys’ leaving the origin and often the quality, a mystery. Consumers care more than ever about the sustainability & provenance of their food. Each jar is stamped with the location where the honey is produced and the name of the beekeeper who helped craft it.
In 2020 the jams & spreads category increased 22% and honey 20.5%. With over 150 stockists including Ocado & Booths, our first supermarket, we're in early conversations with other national retailers. In the next 12 months alongside negotiations for new listings, we'll be expanding our product range & beginning an international sales strategy.
• Sep '17-Launched at the Speciality & Fine Food Fair gaining Wholefoods Market as a stockist
• Nov '17-Online shop launch
• Aug '18-Won 3 Great Taste Awards
• Feb '19-Launched in Ocado, (avg rating of 4.5 stars)
• Mar '20-Moved order fulfilment in house to move away from plastics
• Jul '20-Joined Amazon's 'Vendor' platform increasing unit sales via this channel by 220%
• Jul '21-Secured listing with Booths supermarket across all 27 stores
• Sep '21-Secured listing with Holland & Barrett
• Nov '21-Secured listing with The National Trust