Selling internationally via its website, 3 profitable UK stores and 150+ independent stockists, Bluebird Tea Co. is a specialist tea blender and retailer. With over £2.1m revenue to date, the company will use funds raised to open 3 further stores in 2017, including a London Tea Mixology School.
Launching our teas four years ago from a back bedroom, we have now hit over £1m annual turnover with a team of 30 staff across 3 retail stores, 2 online fulfillment warehouses and an office by the sea.
Highlights so far:
- Brighton, Bristol and Tunbridge Wells stores all profitable
- Export globally via our UK, US and EU websites
- 150+ independent suppliers including a Michelin star restaurant and Harrods
- Sell out Tea Tasting and Blending Classes
- Famous fans include Zoe Sugg, Alfie Dayes and Niomi Smart
- Numerous business awards: Sussex Independent ‘Medium Business of the Year’, British Small Business Awards 'Highly Commended'
- 30+ Great Taste Awards
- Founder Krisi is the current UK Chai Champion, competing at the international finals in Sydney
- As seen in The Stylist, Radio 2, The Sunday Times, BBC News, The Daily Mail, S Magazine, Emerald St., The Independent and The Guardian
- 40,000 digital following
We believe the key to our success is an honest backstory combined with a genuine ethos for putting our customers first, achieving 90% recommendation from our passionate and loyal customers, and 5-star reviews across Facebook, our website and Google.
We operate in the highest growing sectors of the £30 billion tea industry: green, blended and flavoured teas, which account for 29% of UK value sales (up from 24% in 2013) and strive to lead global product development.