It’s been Bedlam in Sussex since 2015, with award-winning beers brewed at our eco-focused craft brewery at the foot of the South Downs National Park. With turnover up 58% year on year to over £525k and an experienced team in place, the company is now raising £600k to further accelerate growth.
Bedlam relaunched in 2015 with a simple business model - brew awesome beer, tell people about it, deliver it to them. Results over the last 12 months suggest we're doing something right: four Gold medals at the 2018 SIBA Beer Awards, significant social media engagement (over 7,000 followers) and sales of over 500,000 pints - the future is bright!
With expansion potential at our new brewery site, we're ready to take up the challenge of becoming the number one craft brewery in Sussex (with a population of over 1.6 million thirsty inhabitants), as well as a major player in Greater London, Surrey and Kent.
Highlights to date:
- Portfolio of brands covering traditional cask and modern craft
- All beer brewed in-house ensuring high-quality product and margins
- 58% annual revenue growth in the last period (y/e Mar 2019)
- 150% overfunded Crowdcube raise in late 2016 facilitated relocation of the brewery
- Sales of over £526k for the year to 31 March 2019 (- £204k P+L)
- Over 400 individual accounts currently (including Greene King and Ei Group).
Use of funds:
- Significantly increase site capacity
- New sales resources and marketing investment to drive the brand and increase distribution in the On / Off Trade and Export markets
- Pilot kit to enable the production of small batch and experimental brews
- A Brewery Tap in the heart of Brighton & Hove.