Crowdcube, in partnership with Capital Enterprise, is launching the first ever accelerator programme that is designed to fast track businesses with good ideas to a listing on Crowdcube.
This accelerator programme, which is due to be held in London in October and November is designed to provide insider knowledge and expertise of how to successfully pitch on Crowdcube. Attendees will get:
1. 10 Hours of workshops over 3 weeks
2. 1-2-1 Mentoring from experts
3. A professional film crew to shoot your 2 minute “pitch” video
All those who successfully graduate from the programme will be guaranteed a place on the Crowdcube platform and introductions to potential investors.
25th October- 3pm- 7pm @ UCL:
Workshop 1: Part A – Overview to successful crowdfunding.
- Introduction- what is crowdfunding
- Statistics behind successful pitches i.e. amount raised, sectors, number of investors etc.
- Success stories (case studies)- The common traits
- What you need to win
Workshop 1: Part B – Refining your business plan
- How to get the best out of your plan
- Top 10 do’s and don’ts
- Introduction to mentors.
1st November – 5pm-8pm@UCL
Workshop 2: “Ensuring your financials add up”
- Understanding the essential financial documentation
- The importance of good financials
- Developing and presenting good forecasts
8th November 5-8pm@ UCL:
Workshop 3 – “Writing a winning investment proposal”
- How to write an effective slide presentation that condense the key information that investors need to know
- Advice on what you should say
- Promotion of your pitch- The crowd psychology.
10th November – (Saturday) 10-3pm
Workshop 4 – ‘Filming a killer video pitch’
- Filming available on the day from www.smarteyeproductions.com .
14th November 6pm-8pm (venue TBC)
- Opportunity to show your videos and pitch your proposals to room of investors and crowdfunders.
To apply for the accelerator programme please follow the link to register. There is an early bird ticket and all those who register will be requested to complete a 10 page slide presentation that will be evaluated by the organisers. If, based on the information presented, the business is assessed as not being suitable for the accelerator your ticket money will be refunded in full.